Here are my current fees and charges. This list is effective from 1 July 2014 until further notice. My fees increase slightly every so often, usually in line with inflation.
All of my charges include 10% GST.
- $70 per hour, charged in half hour blocks after the first hour if on-site
- Between $0 and $45 callout charge (depending on distance travelled)
- $10 discount for eligible students - see below for eligibility criteria
I accept the following payment methods:
- Bank transfer (under certain conditions)
- PayPal (3% surcharge)
You will receive a Tax Invoice via email regardless of your chosen method of payment.
A personal client is defined as someone who:
- Has one or more computers in a home or home office; and
- Has no employees working regularly on site; and
- Uses their computer(s) for personal use or shares their computer(s) with their family members; and
- Does not own or connect to a server or equivalent device.
An eligible student is defined as someone who:
- Attends school, university or TAFE on a full time basis; and
- Is the primary beneficiary of the services being offered; and
- Meets all of the criteria for personal clients.
Specifically if a computer is used jointly by multiple people, and the student is not the primary user (50%+) then the student is not eligible.
Free email support
I will often waive the cost of basic email support for personal clients if a problem is not complex or can be resolved quickly.
However, this waiver is made on a case by case basis, and it must be stressed that my generosity should not be abused. If a client generates excessive email support requests, I will not hesitate to charge for the time taken to deal with each email.
Please note that I will notify any affected client of my intention to charge for a given email incident before providing further support, so that there are no surprises.